GRATITUDE.

I was just looking into my Instagram archives and I found some old photos and the thought that jumped into my mind was " Wow! my life was so perfect then" and indeed it was , I had almost everything I needed or I'd say everything I wanted, but the one thing missing was my attitude to happily accept and be grateful to the universe.


Gratitude is an art which is more than just thanking people or appreciating their efforts, gratitude is a pathway to mental and physical well-being. Counting blessings reduces chances of depression and brings in the flow of positivism. At times counting blessings isn't easy, when you see negativity all around, but finding that small spark of positivism in a complete dark, blank situation is what brings a change in life.


I was a complete different person 2 years back, it's all about gratefulness, happiness and acceptance what made me this new person.





BEING GRATEFUL HAS PLENTY BENEFITS


    • Gratitude unshackles us from toxic emotions- When you create that mindset         of counting your blessings you pay less time counting other's gifts, clears off         ill thoughts like enviousness and resentment.

  • Gratitude helps even if you don't share, at times we appreciate someone highly and we write them a thank you note but circumstances do not let us disclose our feelings. Gratitude works in that way too, it provides an emotion of contentment and happiness somewhere deep inside. It shifts the focus away from negative thoughts.

  • Gratitude helps in accepting change- Life isn't going to always be sweet peaches and cream, sometimes you get sour peaches or sour cream too. When we get so used to our current lifestyle and suddenly something devastating takes place, it rips off the soul but being grateful, accepting and moving with the flow is what helps us survive hard times too. When you look at the best things you got, the poor things become less negative.

  • Gratitude opens the door to contentment. Gratitude helps us better understand our place in the world. It pushes our praise to those who rightly deserve it. It causes us to focus on the good things we already have regardless of our present circumstances. It improves our well-being in almost every regard. As a result, it is the surest pathway to contentment.

  • Gratitude opens window to clear mind and thus, accelerate goal attainment. It gives optimistic vibes to a person.

  • The state of being grateful results in better sleep- Thinking about what we are grateful for before going to bed leads to a better and peaceful sleep.

  • Gratitude reduces materialism- There is nothing wrong with wanting more but the traits like greed, jealousy, ability to enjoy life associated with it aren't real healthy choices. Gratitude reduces the tendency of comparing ourselves to those of higher social status, also it reduces insecurity. A grateful person might end earning less money but will definitely earn love and happiness along with a comfortable life.

  • Gratitude makes us less self centered.

  • Gratitude makes us feel better about ourselves and our thoughts. It makes people kind and compassionate

 

These just a few mentions, gratitude changes  a person, it's an art that makes you beautiful.

 

WAYS TO PRACTICE GRATITUDE



 

  1. Make a gratitude journal. This is what I do everyday, I wake up and pen down the things I am grateful for, it gives a motivation for the day.

  2. Tell someone you love them and how much they mean to you. I often send such voice messages to my close friends and trust me, I feel so better after.

  3. Look for the good in the bad, this is tough but yin-yang isn't wrong, it is undoubtedly possible. This keeps suicidal thoughts away.

  4. Play gratitude alphabet game . List one thing you are grateful for beginning with each alphabet, right from letter A to letter Z. This is best bedtime theory that I know of.

  5. Paste positive quotes around your room or set up a phone wallpaper referring to something positive.

  6. Be thankful when you learn something new.

  7. Commit to one day a week when you won’t complain about anything.

  8. Include an act of kindness in your life each day. You can start by feeding stray dogs and birds.

  9. Notice the beauty in nature.

  10. Refrain from gossiping, it creates your mind a negative drench hole.

  11. Remember: There is nothing lacking. Our minds tend to lean towards what we are lacking in life instead of all the abundance that exists around us. We always have the choice to think about what is scarce or what is abundant in life. What’s key is to recognize this choice and the value this shift in mindset brings.

  12. Say positive affirmations about yourself and your life. It will help you to focus on your strength

  13. Watch something that inspires you.

  14. Do not take anything for granted, value it every day.

  15. Respect the choices of universe and go parallel with them.

  16. Live every moment and thank nature for every breath.

  17. See growth in your mistakes.

  18. Appreciate every small change that your efforts brought.

 

 

Of course you don’t have to do them all.  Pick a few and start there and create a daily gratitude habit.  In no time you’ll see the positive effects that practicing gratitude will have on your life.

 

And I feel so stupid to not be grateful at best times of my life but I am glad at least I am now, and this time is also good, I have enough to keep me happy and put smile on others' face too. I don't know what future has got for me. Maybe the past will repeat itself or maybe the future will be better than the past or maybe it will be a challenge whatever I would be one thing I am sure about is I WILL BE GRATEFUL FOR MY LIFE AND I WON'T WASTE ANY BREATH THAT UNIVERSE HAS GIFTED ME.


XOXO :)







Comments