THIS VALENTINE'S DAY CELEBRATE BEING SINGLE


 
I am a big fan of the television show, The Big Bang Theory and one thing that reminds me of that show is Valentine's day. In case you've seen that show, you would be able to relate to Leonards's desire for the perfect valentine surprise whereas Penny's cringe at it. But not everyone is Penny and Leonard. Valentine is a special day and you are lucky if you have someone to celebrate this day with and if you don't there is nothing to be sad about. People say that a single person should spend Valentine like any regular day but I am against it, why not spread love when the day is meant to spread the love? Even I don't have a partner this valentines day or had one before this or before that, I am kind of a pro at spending Valentine alone and third wheeling other couples. I have always had the company of my single friends during valentine, so never really had a boring one until last year, when I was home alone with Sophie, Shabad was at his hostel and of course, he had a date, my friends weren't around and I felt quite bored and dull, that's when I decided to have fun on my own, I mean I can do anything like literally anything. So I planned a solo date with myself where I had the best food could, sat on my terrace absorbed some vitamin D from the sun, and dressed for myself. It was the best Valentine by far. 

For this valentine, I have. made a list of things that I can do. I have got so many ideas and I can't wait to implement them. All my single friends can look at these ideas and choose one for them.


1. HOUSE PARTY FOR SINGLES

What is better than partying with friends and drinking till you are wasted? I can't go along with this because I have no close single friends near my place but this next year definitely looking forth to it. Spending time with your best friends is an incredible way of celebrating the day of love without involving romance. Cook dinner, dance the night away, and don't forget to toast to your singlehood. 


2. TRY A NEW RECIPE

In case you like cooking, try your hands on new recipes, cook for your dog, your family, and yourself. Provide yourself with the best. Maybe call some friends over to try your new dish. 

3. TAKE A SPA DAY

A soothing and relaxing day isn't complete without a spa. Plan your day ahead, get your nails and hair done, if you don't like doing it alone, call your single friends and gossip over manicures. 

4. MENTAL HEALTH DAY OFF FROM WORK

You deserve a break, while everyone is celebrating, you need a celebration too, a celebration for sticking by your side forever and being there for yourself and not begging for attention. So take a day off maybe, watch your favorite TV shows, go shopping, so for spa, have friends with your friends or sleep all day whatever pleases you. Just reward yourself for loving yourself. 

5. WORK YOUR BODY OUT

Burning calories on Valentine might not sound percent but it definitely feels so. Releasing all the frustration and stress gives a feeling of paradise. And valentine provides the best motivation to get in shape. 

6. GO FOR A HIKE OR NATURE WALK

It’s old news that going out in nature offers numerous health benefits. Just a short time outdoors has been proven to lift mood and quieten minds.

Getting out in nature will separate you from all those Valentine’s Day promotions you want to avoid while also giving you a chance to take in the fresh air. And there’s little else in the world that can match a fantastic sunrise or sunset.

7. STAY OFF SOCIAL MEDIA

Nothing feels weird than those happy couples, having a sundae and posting their life all over social media. Staying off social media is the perfect way to detox yourself. AND NEVER STALK YOUR EX, LIKE NEVER. with all the stress from your everyday life and balancing platonic relationships, you're likely in need of rest anyway.


8. BUY YOURSELF ONE THING YOU HAVE BEEN PUTTING OFF BUYING YOURSELF 

I am definitely getting a new pair of athleisure. Make yourself feel special because you are that, a unique glorious organism that is one of a kind and can not be replaced by anyone. 


9. DATE WITH BEST FRIEND

This is what I did for valentine's 2020 and it was amazing. Meet up with your best friend and spend some quality time with them. Plan the day beforehand and enjoy doing both of your favorite activities the entire time you are together. After all, best friend love is something to celebrate.


Today make sure you…

Don’t

  • Obsess about not having someone special.
  • Compare yourself to someone else.
  • Be in your pity potty.

Do

  • Something special for yourself today.
  • Recognize and celebrate your uniqueness.
  • Something to honor your body today.
You don't need anyone to pamper you and love you because you are enough and there is nothing that can stop you from being you. Give yourself the best you can and make every minute count because valentine doesn't come every day. A relationship doesn't define you. 
And if you have a sweet, loving partner then have a good day, and don't forget to tell your single best friend that you love them. 

XOXO

Comments

  1. Amazingly written and nicely convinced by your thought . There is no need for others love . love yorself enjoy your own company.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment