WHEN DO I NEED ALONE TIME?

Being a lone wolf can improve productivity and help build better romantic relationships. Do you hate spending time alone? If so, I totally understand. It can be a bit boring, and maybe a little lonely. Moreover, it can't be denied that occasionally going solo is pretty darn important. This is especially true if you start showing signs that you need more time alone.



At times things feel crankier than ever and every small bit of change in schedule can make you frustrated, at times you shout at your homies for no reason. This is how your mind and body beg for alone time.


Here are some more signs and after noticing them you shouldn't waste any time, just disconnect from everything, go for a solo walk or lock your room and binge your favorite show. All you have to do is feel centered and feel truly relaxed.


These are some of the signs which my body and mind gives me when my soul craves for some ME TIME.

 

1. NOTHING SEEMS FUN ANYMORE

At time it happens with me , I feel so bored of everything and procrastinate on creative projects which I would have otherwise looked forward to doing. I feel like getting recharged before I could pour out my creative sparkle.

Inevitably, the combination of a bit of alone time along with some new inspiration will get my creative juices flowing again.

 

2. CRINGE WHENEVER YOUR PHONE RINGS

At times I feel like tossing my phone off whenever it rings. I feel that this urge not to answer the phone even when I am available is a warning sign and my mind is begging for ME TIME.

Listening to my mind and body provides satisfaction and relief.

 

3.I FEEL LIKE EATING EVERYTHING AROUND.

I am an emotional eater and then the guilt of eating makes me go more emotional and at times I eat again to feel the pain of overeating, so it turns kind of messed up for me. However, realizing that there is something missing, that is why I feel the urge to eat is the best way not to indulge in overeating, this is my theory.

By noticing my desire to emotionally eat and check in with myself, I can determine whether it’s really the food I want (sometimes it is!) or what I’m actually craving is a break.

 

4. OVERWHELMED BY THE SMALLEST THING

I am a multitasker, I am adept at juggling multiple responsibilities while staying calm, however, I get myself overwhelmed by the slightest things

Anytime I notice that I’m no longer able to roll with these things and am instead stopped by them, it’s a good indicator to myself that I’ve got too much on my plate and need to take a break. Usually this is a good time for me to practice self-care.

 

5. I START SNAPPING AT MY LOVED ONES

I am a quite and flexible person, calling me even tempered will be overrated, but still I adapt to situations and try not to create fuss over small things but at times I feel like lashing my younger brother and a bit of unhygienic mess by my roommates seem getting on my nerves and I feel frustrated, that's when I know my social time is over and I need some peace and just me.

 

6. EMOTIONS ARE OUT OF WHACK

It is OK to cry and let those tears fall but at times I feel like crying and those tears just keep on falling and the strangest part is I am not even aware of the reason to cry.

In my case when I do not give time to myself my emotions get off kilter, and for no particular reason.

 

7. I WANT TO HIDE IN BATHROOM OR MY ROOM OR EVEN CLOSET

Whenever I have this strange feeling of hiding away, I know what to do next. Go on a date with myself, listen to my favorite songs, and dance my feet off .

 

 

8. NOT ENJOYING ANYONE'S COMPANY

It's possible to have too much of a good thing, even when that good thing is the company of others. I find my amazing friends irritating at some point, it's not that they suddenly got that annoying gene but it is that I don't enjoy the regular talk we used to have.

I find it better to sit alone for some time rather than make them feel bad.

 

 

Everyone's body is different and everyone can have different ways of feeling relaxed and comfortable. The point is just let yourself feel you.

 

TAKE CARE 

Comments